Saturday, June 19, 2010

CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

I was learning about the norwegian Fjords horses ,and about how they have a light mane with a dark line running through the center. and i was wondering if i had a horse (i dont though) and it wasnt that breed,if i wanted to put a streAK in my horses hair but just the hair that runs between the ears(sorry i cant think of them) would it be okay to use human hair coloring ,for the horses hair?



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

cut off some mane or tail hair, sample it see if it works



i truly doubt if the hair color will hurt the horse. however there is a number on the hair color box, that i would advise you to call, just to make sure that it will not harm horse.



i remember when i was a kid they used to dye baby chickens, that wasn't good!



lol let me know if you ever do this what the results are



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

uuuuhhhhhh what?



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

You mean the forelock?



Hair is dead so I doubt it would actually affect it in any way. However the risk of getting it on their skin or in their eyes is too great and so I would strongly advise AGAINST it!



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

I don't think so, chemicals and stuff not safe. But I'm guessing you get yr in the mail? If you want a horse with a stripe why not just get a NF? I had one, she was amzing, I rode her down trails, she would go swimming up to her ears, I'm 5'10 and she carried me with out a problem.



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

um no, you shouldn't use human hair dye. dyeing your horses mane is not a good idea.



ps- it depends on what type of coloring the face is but its sometimes called a blaze.



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

Okie dokie... first i dont think you should use human dye on horses as it contains amonia which could really hurt your horses skin... and second if you dye a horses mane to have a fjord strip other riders will prob laugh and make fun at you... just a warning... if you really wanted to die it for a dress up comp at pony club or something... you can buy a special dye for horses...



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

Look. Honestly, you can do whatever you want to your horses mane- I think that in this case it is your opinion.



But personally I have know idea why you would want to.



I guess I can understand that people do crazy things to their animals, but come on. Put yourself in his/her shoes. While I'm sure that human hair color would have no negative effects healthwise, having a horse is not about their colors. I guess if you really want a horse that looks like a fjord, you should get a fjord, but I'm wondering (unless I'm entirely misunderstanding the question) WHY?????



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

how can you even think about it ?



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

just appreciate the natural beauty of a horse rather than tampering with its hair color



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

No its not a good idea cause like someone else said there's amonia in it which could cause a reaction and part of the horses skin.



If you want to have a streak in your horses hair like a Fjord I suggest getting one instead but don't dye your horses hair!



Also I think that would take marks of competing depending on the competition if you do compete anyways.



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

You can. I'm not specifically saying "you" can but I'm just saying that's its possible. But i recommend no because it may not be good for the horses health, with all the chemicals and all. So you can try it, but maybe talk to a horse doctor.



(and the hair between the ears is called the forelock. FYI...)



: )



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

i personly wouldnt do it



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

how are you going to wash it out and not get it in their eyes?



CAn i do ....to a horses hair?

You mean the fore lock and i wouldn't because it could be toxic if other horses get a hold of it and eat it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover