Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hair stylists and weave wearers, please help!!!?

I am sporting a sew in weave (human hair) Because I exercise on a regualr basis, I find that my hair gets really "funky" Can I wash it? And if so, is their a certain technique into doing so?



Hair stylists and weave wearers, please help!!!?

Think of washing your new hair like a sponge. Wet it and apply the shampoo without rubbing too much and then just squeeze the shampoo through the hair and scalp and rinse and squeeze. Apply conditioner the same way. You don't want rub or scrub your scalp or hair. This will cause a mess and your hair will get so many knots (we call 'em rats) and could loosen up your weave. Comb carefully and pat your hair dry do not rub it dry.



Hair stylists and weave wearers, please help!!!?

Yes you can wash it! That's the benefit of sew in tracks.



Just be careful...you'll need to make sure you rinse the shampoo out of the braids and out of the hair...don't pull because hair is fragile when wet...I preferred to use a spray in conditioner when I wore sew ins.



I also made a point of blow drying the braids...braids that are left wet (they don't get to dry easily with the tracks on top covering them from air) tend to smell...which you notice when you exercise and the sweat stays in the braid...it's the same thing. Treat it just like your hair, just be a little more careful and never brush hard...comb as easily as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover